MENU

Shakespeare Documented is still growing! Currently, two thirds of the descriptions and 98% of the images are available in the exhibition. Descriptive text will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Visit our About page to learn more about the project scope.

To learn more about searching and using Shakespeare Documented please visit Exploring the Exhibition.

SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING

Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!

Filter the documents by tag(s)

1632
The lawsuit shown here, Burbage et al. v. Brend, is of greatest importance in allowing scholars to reconstruct the building of the 1599 Globe playhouse and its 1614 post-fire replacement in considerable financial detail.
ca. 1623- 1633
Humphrey Dyson (1582-1633) was probably the first owner of this copy of the first edition of Troilus and Cressida (1609), now in the Huntington Library. Dyson signed his name on the title page, as he did with many other volumes in his extensive library.
April 24, 1633
The grant shown here needs to be read in the context of a fierce dispute between the zealous Puritan vicar of Holy Trinity Church, Thomas Wilson, and the more moderate majority of the Stratford Corporation.
1634
On Monday, August 11, 1634, a small military contingent consisting of a captain, a lieutenant, and an ensign left Norwich on a seven-week inspection tour through twenty-six counties of England.
1634
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
April 8, 1634
The Two Noble Kinsmen was entered into Liber D of the Stationer’s Company on April 8, 1634.
1635
In 1635 Robert Benefield, Heilard Swanston, and Thomas Pollard petitioned the Lord Chamberlain for a redistribution of the profits and proceedings of the Globe playhouse.
November 29, 1635
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!
November 26, 1635
John Hall, Susanna Hall’s husband, was buried on November 26, 1635, according to the Holy Trinity Church parish register. Next to the entry, an “X” added by a later hand highlights its significance.
February 14, 1636
SHAKESPEARE DOCUMENTED IS STILL GROWING! Descriptive content and transcriptions will continue to be added, updated and expanded. Check back for regular updates!

Pages